Monday, January 31, 2011

Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Cookies

So, I know I said that I was going to try and only put up recipes that are good for you, but I couldn't resist this one!  Sorry about that, I really am! BUT, they are so good and super easy.  ENJOY!
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups old-fashioned oats

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended.
On low speed, beat in all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and baking powder, scraping bowl occasionally, until well combined. Stir in oats.
On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies to about 1/2-inch thickness.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those cookies look chunky and delicious. Sounds like a great oatmeal cookie. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...