Saturday, January 1, 2011

Celebrate by relaxing....Slow Cooker Italian Tortellini Stew

HAPPY 2011! 
I am really excited for a new year!  2010 was not very kind, so all I can is GOODBYE!  Now, as I write down my new years resolutions, I have discovered that all I really want is to make things easier and healthier for my family! AND, I LOVE my slow cooker!  This recipe is super easy, especially if you are like me today and don't want to cook. wink wink! 
ANYWHO, Happy New Year to all!  Let's make this a wonderful year!

2 medium zucchini, halved, cut into 1-inch slices
2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans low sodium chicken broth
1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15.5-oz.) can cannelli beans, drained, rinsed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 small onion, diced
1 (8-oz.) pkg. uncooked dry cheese-filled tortellini

In 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except basil and tortellini; mix well.
Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
About 20 minutes before serving, stir basil and tortellini into stew. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 20 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...