Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm back... AND Strawberry Bread!

I have been gone for so long, I think I almost forgot how to blog!! I have had no computer for almost 2 months!  What a process!  BUT, I'm back and ready to get rolling for the summer!
I have been dying to add this new recipe to my list.  As much as I love strawberries, we never seem to get through a whole case from Costco as fast as we need to.  So after they turn a little old and soft, do this and you won't regret!
5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan

1 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled, quartered, and mashed with a fork
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan. In a small saucepan, bring strawberries to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; set aside. With an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, and eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with 1/3 cup water, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in reserved strawberries.

Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with foil after 45 minutes if top is getting too dark). Cool in pan 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges; invert onto a rack. Reinvert; cool completely.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...