Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Biggest Loser... Herb Crusted Grilled Turkey

I don't know about you, but I have certainly enjoyed the holidays and my waistline is showing the love!  I love food!  But I also love to be inspired... 
Last night as my hubby was away for a much needed guys night out, I was settling in to watch for the first episode of the Bachelor with a big o'bowl of Peach Cobbler.  I know, I know, I know... yes I am a reality TV junkie at heart. I love the scandals and the cobbler!  But instead, I saw that the Biggest Loser, Where Are They Now show was on.... and thus bringing me to my 2 favorite things.  Eating and exercising. (oh ya and Bob is pretty cute too!) Everytime I watch this show, I cry, get inspired and want to do better.  These people are amazing! 
SO, for 2011, I will be posting healthy low fat, easy meals, in combination of the really good/ bad stuff that you just have to throw in there everyonce in awhile!  I will also be throwing in tips on how to stay fit and healthy for 2011.  Let's face it, we could all do just a little bit better.  Right?! I just know this is going to be a great year for everyone!
So, here is the recipe a Chef Curtis Stone served for dinner on the show.  It sounds wonderful!  Although, I always try a recipe before I post it, I'll be making this for dinner tonight! OH YA and Season 11 of Biggest Loser starts tonight!
1 - 4 1/2 lb turkey breast, skin off, trimmed of any excess fat
6-7 pieces butcher twine cut into 14 inch strips
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, cut into large pieces
2 celery stalks, cut into large pieces
1 carrot, cut into large pieces
1 head of garlic cut in half
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped chives

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Arrange the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and thyme in a single layer in a roasting pan and set aside.
Lay 6 strands of kitchen twine horizontally across a large rimmed baking sheet spaced evenly apart, Place the turkey breast atop the twine, perpendicular to the twine.
Starting with the center twine and working toward the outer twines, tie the twine as tight as possible around the turkey ensuring it is uniform in width. to ensure even cooking.
Place a large, nonstick sauté pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil.
When oil is hot, add turkey and brown well on all sides.
Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the turkey breast to the roasting tray, on top of the bed of vegetables.
Roast in oven for 45 minutes, and then check temp after every 15 minutes, until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey reads 165°F.
Remove from oven, let sit approx 20 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
After resting, coat turkey with thin layer of mustard and generously sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...