Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't forget the cranberry sauce....

Thanksgiving wouldn't be right without the cranberry sauce.  It adds so much.  Flavor, color, texture, the cool popping noises they make when you cook them...
HOWEVER, I don't actually use it until the next day when I have it on my infamous turkey sandwich on a roll.  Strange I know, but it's the truth!
I love this recipe below.  It adds just the right everything!  ENJOY!
2 bags (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 wide strips orange zest, plus 1 cup fresh orange juice
Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in orange juice. (To store, refrigerate, up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.)

1 comment:

Heidi Preston said...

I stumbled across your blog today...I LOVE IT! Thank you for taking the time to share your talents. I will be back often!

Heidi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...